How was your 2016? There are many tragic events to reflect upon but maybe that is why people are gravitating more and more towards inspiring sports stories. Are we looking for a ballast in a world gone mad, or looking for a spark of humanity in the mayhem?
Whatever it is you are loving women in sport more and more every year. Of course that makes cheating and doping even more devestating but it seems you are keeping the faith all the same.
Stats time: these are the posts and the sports women on this blog which you read the most in 2016:
5. Climbing in Alaska with Ti Conkle (an old interview but she's great I agree)
4. Jujitsu brown belt Amanda English on BJJ and MMA and why she loves 'em
3. Fight, retire, fight again Elaine McElligott on her Muaythai affair
2. Jorina Barr - learning from the hard times.
1. Fighting, singing and dancing her way to happiness - Shauna Nicole has big plans!
Is your favourite post not here? Let me know in the comments ...